See More Evil makes funny.
Dennard Dayle, a.k.a.”Blind Monkey”
Dennard Dayle is a New York-based superpredator, specializing in writing, comedy, and illegal pranks. He studied “liking books” at Princeton and Columbia, where he spoke a great deal and learned very little. Now he teaches at Columbia for a MetroCard. He started See More Evil and its very important newsletter Extra Evil. His debut book Everything Abridged is out now, and you should buy it.
- Everything Abridged, Spring 2022, The Overlook Press.
- “The Thirty-Six Twitter Stratagems,” in The New Yorker, October 2022.
- “Gene Simmons’s Disowned Jewels,” in 1-900-HOTDOG, October 2022.
- “Crime is Awesome And So Am I” in 1-900-HOTDOG, September 2022.
- “Guidelines Following First Contact,” in The New Yorker, August 2022.
- “Dragging Lovecraft” in 1-900-HOTDOG, August 2022.
- “What Would the Founders’ Fathers Think,” in The New Yorker, July 2022.
- “A Time Line of My Arrest” in The New Yorker, June 2022.
- “Punching Day: Sandman vs. Sabu” in 1-900-HOTDOG, June 2022.
- “The History of Group Projects” in The New Yorker, May 2022.
- “Upsetting Day: Don’t Date Writers” in 1-900-HOTDOG, May 2022.
- “Bipolar Tendencies,” in The Baffler, May 2022.
- “The Crypto Constitution,” in The New Yorker, May 2022.
- “Upsetting Day: Insurrection!” in 1-900-HOTDOG, April 2022.
- “I’m Resigning to Chase the Black American Dream,” in Slackjaw, April 2022.
- “A Word From Our Pet Reactionary,” in Slackjaw, March 2022.
- “A Letter of Romantic Recommendation,” in The New Yorker, March 2022.
- “Dear Ethicist, I’ve Planted Two Bombs,” in The New Yorker, February 2022.
- “Survey: What Exactly is CRT,” in The New Yorker, February 2022.
- “The Cure For White Replacement,” in McSweeney’s Internet Tendency, February 2022.
- “Dear [School], Here’s My Soul in 600 Words or Less,” in The New Yorker, December 2021.
- “I, The Spirit of Christmas, Cannot be Stopped,” in The New Yorker, December 2021.
- “We’re Bluehost, and We Hope You Die,” in Slackjaw, November 2021.
- “Eight First Impressions of a Time Traveler,” in The New Yorker, October 2021.
- “Categories of Guy Eliminated by Quarantine,” in Points in Case, March 2021.
- “Nine Sharp” in Whiteness at Work, August 2020.
- “Own Goal” in Clarkesworld, June 2020.
- “We Apologize for Publishing Darkseid’s Anti-Life Equation,” The Hard Times, June 2020.
- “United States Presidents vs. Swamp Rabbits,” in Points in Case, April 2020.
- “Could You Make This Novel a Bit Blacker?,” in Points in Case, November 2019.
- “PhiloMania,” in no.2, July 2019.
- “RE: The Restless Dead Haunting the Office”, in Points in Case, April 2019.
- “Survey: How Do You Feel About Being Black?,” in Points in Case, February 2019.
- “As a Walking Demographic, Here’s My Opinion,” in McSweeney’s Internet Tendency, November 2018.
- “Kenichi and the Wolves” in Fairy Tales and Folklore Re-imagined, November 2017.
- “The New Romance,” POSTblank, August 2017.
- “Recent Activity” in Matchbook, July 2017.
- “Xbox Live Community Proudly Announces New Slur” in The Hard Times, October 2017.
- “Liberty Points” 4th Place NewBookBay short fiction contest winner.
- Stuff Here, 2010-Now
- “Putting (Dopey) Words in the Mouths of New York’s Mayoral Candidates,” The New Yorker, October 2021.
- “New York Mayoral Race Nears Contentious End,” New York Magazine, June 2021.
- “Why the New York City mayoral primary results are as messy as the race itself was,” NBC, June 2021.
- “Exploring “fraudulent artifacts” as form” Alina Stefanescu, July 2018.
- “Group posts fake depressing subway alerts around NYC” NY Post, March 2018.
- “‘You’ve Already Broken Me,’ Poster From Fake MTA Chief Says” Patch, February 2018.
- “A fake MTA Poster at 14th St. Announces Chairman Joseph Lhota’s Resignation“, AM New York, February 2018.
- Nihilistic mock subway service signs satirize MTA woes, News 12, 2018
- Interview, Chasing News, 2018
- Own Goal – My personal favorite out of my short stories.
- Blind Monkey Finds God – My experience at McDonald’s GospelFest.
- Darkclaw vs Modern Art – My first comic edit.
- Sambo – A take on Fiverr and Bodega’s branding.
Sometimes, these guys do things too.
Burn the old layout. Shoot the designer. Leave nothing behind.
Role: Designer, Sandwich Critic
Bio: Ape’s critical eye pushed See More Evil out of the early nineties’ web design standards, and the early nineteenth century’s branding conventions. He can also use the word “branding” without sounding like an idiot.
Contact: Break the 7th seal on the eve of all saints day.
Sam “Mute Monkey” Lagow
Lived up to his full potential yesterday.
Role: Writer, Bad Influence, Future Watchlist Star
Bio: The second writer to join the team, Mute Monkey is an expert at pretending to be an expert. A survivor of Purchase College’s Department of Literature, where he researched fandom’s efficacy as a neurotoxin.
Role: Audio Engineer, Writer, Herald of the Old Ones
Bio: Deaf Monkey turns the incomprehensible series of screams and demonic laughter sent to him by Blind Monkey into semi-coherent content. He also writes an article about once a year. Twice in the year of the rabbit.
Contact: Smoke signals.
There’s a conspiracy theory about that Blind Monkey maintains a number of fraudulent alter-egos. This is slander. The following are respected co-contributors.
A poet that dispenses with the outdated notion that poetry has to be good. Her simple drawing, simpler prose, and borderline nonexistent message allows her poems to be felt instead of thought. Thinking is hard, and hard things feel bad.
A black white nationalist fighting a three-front war against democracy, the enlightenment, and colors darker than sepia.
Prof. Roland Mentat
A leading expert on all things that may have happened at any point.